Are you an investor with some extra money? Are you tired of your job and want to become your own boss? There is a common answer to both these questions – ecommerce. Creating an ecommerce business is a smart career move, especially in today’s online market. Even if you have no experience in ecommerce, it is extremely simple to get an ecommerce website and start selling products or services online.
I cannot stress enough on the importance of having an ecommerce website. Whether you sell products in a brick and mortar store, or you simply want to start a new venture, creating an ecommerce website is one of the best places to start. In this article, I will explain how you can go about building an ecommerce website and start selling online. But first, I will explain why you should foray into an ecommerce business by outlining some of the top benefits.
Why you should get an ecommerce website
If you’re looking to get started with a new business venture, ecommerce certainly is a promising field. Even if you are a beginner and do not know much about building an ecommerce website, all the resources and tools are well laid out, so you can get started without too many hassles. Here are some more reasons why you should get an ecommerce website and start a business:
- Ecommerce sales in Australia alone are predicted to increase by 12% this year to pass $12 billion. By building an ecommerce website and reaching a wider audience, you can build trust and successfully sell your products online.
- Ecommerce as an global industry is also growing at a rapid pace. The worldwide industry was worth almost $1.6 trillion in 2015 and is expected to reach about $2.5 trillion by the end of 2018. This represents an impressive growth between 13% and 25% and you must look to capitalise on the opportunity that an ecommerce business presents today.
- Ecommerce can be thought of as a somewhat passive form of business. Once you have your ecommerce website set up, you can sell products to customers globally, giving you a chance to earn even while you’re sleeping. As opposed to brick and mortar businesses, you do not need multiple storefronts. By simply having your own domain name and an ecommerce website, you’re good to go.
- Today, ecommerce tools and resources have become quite sophisticated and it is incredibly easy to get your ecommerce website up and running. With selling platforms like WooCommerce, SEO tools and marketing automation features readily available, you need not break the bank to get a quality ecommerce website made.
- With content marketing strategies, retargeting tools and various apps, selling on ecommerce websites has become much simpler than it was earlier. Thanks to this, you can target your customers effectively and sell more products to them down the line.
Now that I’ve outlined the top reasons why you should venture into an ecommerce business, let’s take a look at how you can go about getting an ecommerce website developed.
How to develop a successful ecommerce business
If you’re new to ecommerce, then you should look to start off with a full service platform for building your website. Full service platforms are cheaper than customised solutions and it is much faster for you to get up and running as well. This also allows you to learn more about your audience and offers you better conversions.
Full service platforms for require little technical effort from your part and they are flexible enough to grow with your business. There are many platforms that you can choose from, but you must always choose a platform which allows a free trial, which provides active support and which has a number of people using it. I would suggest you start with WordPress; the world’s leading CMS platform, in conjunction with WooCommerce; the leading ecommerce plugin.
Once you decide on a platform, the support team will guide you through the setup process. Once setup, you can use SEO tools, resources and social media sites to build on your brand, customise your website and sell your products. As you develop your brand image and get familiar with ecommerce, you will be able to generate sales and repeat customers, simply by tinkering around with your website.
Ignition Media develop robust ecommerce websites, which are custom made from a WordPress / WooCommerce platform. Our websites are packed with features, including flexible payment options, cross sale marking promotions, inventory control, coupons, reporting and many others. We can help build custom designed, self-hosted ecommerce websites that will be owned completely by you.
If you’re looking to start a new venture, an ecommerce business is definitely something you should consider. The industry is set to grow at a rapid pace and with the modern resources and tools at your disposal, creating an ecommerce website is both easy and affordable.
For custom designed and self-hosted ecommerce websites of the highest quality, get in touch with Ignition Media. I will be glad to help you become your own boss by building a highly functional and well-designed website which blows competition out of the water!