Google Analytics is yet another effective application from Google that allows you keep a close eye on your website stats. It helps you track the success/failure of your site and is beneficial to you irrespective of whether you are a small online business or a large corporation.
Why Google Analytics: Why not?
- It’s a free service.
- It allows you to track your website activity.
- It gives you details on how your website was found, how you can enhance your visitor’s experience etc.
- It helps you improve your site’s ROI (return on investment)
- It helps increase your conversion rate
- It helps you generate revenue on the Internet
- It is easily to implement on your site
- It gives you details website statistics related to your website visitors
How to use Google Analytics:
For new website visitors – GA gives you all the information you need to keep a close on the number of new visitors that visit your website. A consistent flow of unique visitors indicates the effective of your SEO campaign, while also making you aware of any problems that may prevent visitors from coming to your site.
For returning visitors – Returning visitors is a positive sign and one that every website owner dreams of! When people keep coming back to your website, it simply means that you are on the right track. Truth be told, it takes a LOT to make people revisit your site and it also establishes the effectiveness of your marketing strategy and other on-page SEO factors including quality content.
For number of page views – Having a steady flow of visitors is one thing, but ensuring they stay long enough to make a purchase is another thing altogether. Google Analytics give you blow by blow account on the number of visitors, the pages visited by each person, and the time spent by them on each website page.
Google Analytics is an excellent tool for all webmasters who want to improve visitor experience and increase their sales.