SEO or Search Engine Optimisation is the process of giving a website the best chance of ranking well on search engine result pages (SERPs). It’s extremely important because in the world of ecommerce, the website placed in front of customers is usually the one that gets the most attention and of course, the most business. Here at Ignition Media, we don’t just offer website design and development services, we also specialise in all areas of SEO.To keep our clients’ websites ranking above their competition, we’re constantly researching all the latest SEO trends and Google algorithm changes.
In this article, we’d like to share with you some of our SEO secrets that help our clients stay above the rest.
- Content remains the king. In the world of Search Engine Optimisation, content will and always be the king. It doesn’t matter how visually appealing your website is, if it doesn’t have useful content, there is no chance your visitors will stay for longer than 10 seconds. The less time they spend on your website, the less chance you have to convert them into potential clients. But content marketing, just like SEO, is revolving. Gone are the days when content marketing meant writing articles and distributing them to different article submission sites like ezinearticles. Today, with the popularity of social media, the creation of content and how it is distributed have drastically changed. Instead of just articles, you can now create videos, Facebook messages, PowerPoint presentations, etc. It also covers the content you put in your website and your blog. Google has updated its algorithms more than a couple of times but one thing remains: it loves good content.
- Strive to Offer Better User Experience. Google’s Penguin 3.0, which was recently launched by Google, is specifically designed to reward websites with better ranking for giving users with better experience. The question is, what exactly is it that you need to do to give your visitors exceptional user experience? First, you need to make sure that your website design is clean – free from clutter and elements that could be painful on the eyes. Second, it’s crucial that your website is easy to navigate. It must not take the user more than three clicks on their mouse to find the exact page that they’re looking for. In addition, your website must offer everything that your visitors need. These could be articles, audio files, or videos containing information about your target niche.
- Get Rid of Bad Links and On-site web spam. Gone are the days when Google took each inbound link to your website as a vote of confidence – regardless of its origin. With the latest update, links that come from questionable sources can be taken against your web ranking. Sources include article directories, link farms, irrelevant forums, and non-industry specific directories. Links from low quality content via hyperlinks or anchor texts should also be removed.
- Get social media to talk about your website – Google loves social media and it listens to what people are talking about in these websites. Thus, getting social media users to talk about your website will definitely benefit your SEO strategy. How to do that? Online users will only talk about your website if they find it worthy of their attention and if it offers something they’ll find useful. So, make your website their go-to place when they’re looking for expert opinion related to your niche. You can also post interesting videos, shareable images, and compelling articles. Based on experience, the more your website is shared via social media, the better your chances of getting Google to pay attention.
- Target conversational keyphrases – When choosing what keywords to target, focus on conversational keyphrases. Why? Well, Google’s Hummingbird update has changed how keywords are interpreted on the web. Right now, conversational phrases or questions are given more weight than particular words.
- Mobile optimisation – An increasing number of people are accessing the Internet via their mobile phone and this is something that Google cannot afford to miss. To keep up, make sure that your website is responsive and that it is accessible to any known gadget available in the market.
As a website owner, it is crucial that you fully-understand SEO and its impact to your website. Its one of the best online strategies that you can use to get ahead of your competition and to make sure that you attract enough traffic. If you need help from Gold Coast SEO experts, know that you can depend on Ignition Media. We are one of the leading Gold Coast SEO firms that can promise you with exceptional result. Should you wish to speak directly to the owner, Nicole Brooke, the phone number to call is (07) 5568 7515. Together, we can easily dominate the SERPs and get your website ranking ahead of the rest.