At Ignition Media we know just how powerful a WordPress website can be, particularly to small businesses trying to make their online presence felt in the online arena. For this reason, we use this platform when creating blogs and websites for our clients. Currently, this is the most popular blogging platform on the market and for a good reason: it’s the best content management software (CMS) and the number one choice of some of the most visited websites in the world.
Having a WordPress website offers you the following benefits:
- WordPress is arguably the most powerful CMS available today – It offers a whole lot of convenience for end-users. This gives the client direct control over the content that they wish to publish. This means you don’t have to wait for web developers to update your website when you need to. This also means saving on cost as you can basically do it all yourself. Adding content to a WordPress websites is relatively easy because the software is intuitive and designed for ordinary people who don’t have any coding or programming skills. Since the technology is simple, you don’t have to spend much time formatting either.
- WordPress websites are SEO friendly – The people behind WordPress kept SEO and Google in mind when they designed this platform. Of course, you need to optimise your content and use appropriate keywords, but the platform makes it easier for you to make Google notice you content. This gives your website a greater potential to rank higher in major search engines. As you know, better ranking always means more traffic and more sales leads.
- Easy social media integration – Social media networks like Twitter and Facebook are definitely huge, both personally and for businesses. Attracting billions of users from all over the globe on a monthly basis, you’ll want your website to get as much exposure as possible from social media networks. WordPress allows for easy social media integration. You can simply add buttons that your visitors can click on to quickly share your content with people in their network. This is a great benefit as it can improve your traffic exponentially which is the key to gaining new customers.
- Ideal for small businesses – Unlike custom made websites that are built from the ground up and require lot of difficult coding, WordPress websites are significantly more cost effective. They are also easier to manage and don’t require regular maintenance. For this reason, you’ll actually save more money in the long run.
- Easy blog integration – I am sure you know that WordPress started a blog platform. So it makes sense that the technology allows users to easily incorporate their blogs directly to their business website. This is extremely crucial because blogging, just like social media marketing, offers huge opportunity to drive traffic to your website. It’s also a great tool to establish your expertise in your niche and to build stronger relationships with your customers.
- Responsive website – If you’re trying to promote your company, products or services online, you should know that the number of people accessing the Internet via their mobile phone and tablets is steadily increasing. Default WordPress themes offer mobile responsive designs to allow your visitors to view your website properly regardless of the size of the monitor that they’re using. The platform automatically recognise the type of device being used and will automatically adjust your website setting for mobile viewing. Find out more about responsive websites by reading my past article; Importance of Mobile Website Design.
- Scalability – Some businesses grow faster than expected, and that’s great but outgrowing your website can be costly if your website isn’t built for expansion to start with. With WordPress websites, you don’t have to worry as they are designed to grow as your business grows. You can have as little as 5 pages on your website and as many as a hundred or thousands of blog posts and still have the assurance that your site’s performance will not be compromised (you may however have to upgrade your hosting plan!).
There are so many platforms to choose from when creating a website. However, for small to medium business, we highly recommend WordPress. As the world’s leading, and most powerful CMS, WordPress produces SEO friendly websites that offer social media and blog integration. Not only that, the default theme is responsive so its mobile and tablet friendly and will allow your website to grow as your business does.
At Ignition Media, we can assist you in building WordPress websites and specialise in responsive WordPress themes. Using our expertise and solid years of experience, we can guarantee not just responsive WordPress website but also visually appealing and search engine-friendly. Visit our WordPress themes page for more information or give me, Nicole Brooke a call in business hours on (07) 55 687 515.