WordPress, a huge content management system and an open source blogging tool, has come a long way since it was launched 10 years ago. Back then, it was considered just a regular blogging platform which is a great alternative to highly complicated platforms available. However, today, it is considered one of the most powerful and popular blogging systems used on the web with more than 60 million websites to date.
WordPresss is the most popular CMS – Currently, it holds the largest market share in the CMS market powering millions of websites. It can also be self-hosted which is the preferred option used by the biggest WordPress websites as it allows complete ownership and control of their WordPress website.
Proving that it is one of the most sought-after publishing platforms for blogs and other types of websites, a recent survey confirmed that WordPress is being used by 48% of the top 100 blogs in the world. These include the New York Times, Flicker, People, BBC America, and Variety. Other WordPress blogs that made it to the top 100 blogs include Mashable, TechCrunch, Think Progress, CNN Political Tinker, and Hollywood Life.
If you’re in the process of building a blog or a website, and if you’re wondering whether WordPress is really the best option for you, let me tell you the reason why it is one of the most popular among some of the biggest brands worldwide.
- Search engine optimisation (SEO) – One of the reasons why WordPress is preferred by some of the world’s biggest brands is because it provides an SEO-friendly website right out of the box. Although it will not do everything to secure a nice place on search result page, there are various SEO benefits that you can take advantage of by doing simple tweaks on your website. Also, WordPress is optimised for easily changing and publishing content and this is something that really looks good on Google and other search engines.
If you’re looking for Search engine optimisation services for your WordPress website, be sure to shoot me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. As a filed I specialise in, let me get your site ranking like I have with countless other client’s WordPress websites.
- User-friendly – WordPress is one of the most user-friendly and pain free content management systems and this is something that non-developers extremely appreciate. If you know nothing about HTML and if you don’t intend to learn how to use Dreamweaver or other HTML editors, that’s totally find with WordPress.
- Affordable and fast – Besides providing you with a power website that is completely free, WordPress has the additional benefit of saving you money for updates! You can make changes instantly to your website without having to wait and pay for your webmaster to complete your request.
- Themes – WordPress offers users with thousands of different, visually appealing themes that are pain-free to install. These themes can be switched at any time without having to worry about changing the functionality of the website or altering the overall structure and content. Developers and users with programming language can take advantage of advanced features by changing the CSS, PHP, and HTLM codes found in the themes. If you’re after a custom WordPress theme, feel free to give me a call or send me an email asking for a free quote.
- Plugins – You may not know it at the time when you create your website but you may need to add something to make your website more functional. These include additional contact forms, polls, ratings, and other cool features. WordPress allows you to easily drag and drop these elements so you can extend your website without the need to hire web developer or web designer. See the 28,000+ available plugins from the WordPress Plugin Directory. Read my previous post ‘Must Have WordPress Plugins’ to see what plugins I recommend.
- Multi-blogging and multi-user – WordPress Multi-User allows you to have multiple blogs within one installation, which can empower you to host blogging communities and moderate all your blogs using a single dashboard.
- Support – Right now, there are thousands of developers who can help you should you encounter problem or should you want to add very custom features but don’t have an idea on how you can go about it. These developers can be found by simply doing Google search. There are also available comprehensive do-it-yourself guide in the online arena.
If you’re in need of a powerful, fully functional, and responsive WordPress website, I am glad to tell you that here at Ignition Media, we rely on the Open Source technology of WordPress in providing clients like you with fully customised CMS solution. Call and speak to me direct at (07) 5568 7515 and let’s talk about your requirements. Alternatively, you can email me for any questions or to get a free quote at Nicole@ignitionmedia.com.au.